Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2010 Week 01 Hansard (Thursday, 11 February 2010) . . Page.. 385 ..
Housing—rental assessments(Question No 465)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice, on 10 December 2009:
(1) In relation to tenants’ income assessments for rent and rental calculations, how does receiving a significant lump sum, such as compensation payout, affect income calculations.
(2) Has the recent ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal determination on income assessment been promoted to tenants so they are aware of the changes.
Ms Burch: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Rent rebates are calculated in accordance with the Public Rental Housing Assistance Program (the Program) requiring all assessable weekly household income to be taken into account. Where a tenant or other household member receives a lump sum payment, the amount of income lost or foregone (if known) or 50% of the total lump sum (if the amount of income lost or foregone is not known) is included in the rent rebate assessment.
The Program provides for the relevant portion of the lump sum to be distributed in equal weekly payments over the relevant period. The tenant can repay the amount outstanding as a lump sum or by an arrears repayment agreement.
(2) My Department has been unable to identify any recent ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal determinations on income assessment.
Environment—park care groups(Question No 466)
Mr Rattenbury asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 10 December 2009:
(1) How many park care groups are there in the ACT.
(2) What type and how much support has the ACT Government provided to the park care groups in the ACT, both financial and in-kind, in (a) 2005-06, (b) 2006-07, (c) 2007-08, and (d) 2008-09.
(3) What equipment does Parks, Conservation and Lands (PCL) provide to park care groups.
(4) What training is provided to park care groups.
(5) How many training sessions for park care groups have been funded by PCL in the last financial year.
(6) How many of the reserve areas in the Canberra Nature Park are governed by individual or collective management plans and which ones are they.