Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 10 Hansard (28 August) . . Page.. 4029..
consultant advice on the required works are required to develop the strategy to achieve carbon neutrality by 2017. It is expected that the strategy will be completed by the end of 2009 and include annual targets.
Environment—noise assessment guidelines
(Question No 2179)
Dr Foskeyasked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 7 August 2008 (redirected to the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services):
(1) Is the Minister aware of the Queanbeyan Shire Council's Aircraft Noise Assessment Guidelines;
(2) Are similar guidelines also necessary in the ACT within areas that fall within the 20 and 25 Australian Noise Exposure Forecasts contours;
(3) What are the ACT's current guidelines pertaining to aircraft noise.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) I am informed that Queanbeyan City Council does not have specific guidelines in respect of aircraft noise assessment but is required to apply Australian Standard AS2021 -2000 - Acoustics - Aircraft noise intrusion - Building siting and construction.
(2) The Canberra Spatial Plan, issued in 2004, indicated that, within the Territory, suburban residential development should be excluded from areas inside the 20 Australian Noise Exposure Forecast (ANEF ) contour. The Territory uses the ultimate capacity ANEF issued by Canberra International Airport and approved for technical accuracy by Airservices Australia.
(3) There are no current guidelines in the Territory specifically relating to aircraft noise because effective, long-term planning has kept noise-sensitive land uses outside high aircraft noise impact areas. There are a few dwellings on rural leases which fall within high noise areas and any recent approvals have required the lessees to meet the requirements set out in AS2021.
(Question No 2180)
Dr Foskeyasked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 7 August 2008:
(1) In relation to the answer to question on notice No 2130, is the Minister able to say what law was flouted by the ex-lessee of 54 Morant Circuit, Kambah;
(2) Which photos provided as alleged evidence of an unclean block were taken (a) on 3 June 1994 before a clean up order was dutifully complied with by 9 August 1995, (b) in 2005-2007 before an inspection report of 11 September found the block was not considered an unclean leasehold and (c) from within the boundaries of the block without the lessee's verbal or written permission;