Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 10 Hansard (Thursday, 28 August 2008) . . Page.. 4005 ..
Answers to questions
Gungahlin Drive extension
(Question No 2141)
Mr Mulcahy asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 5 August 2008:
• How will the Government fund the proposed upgrade of the Gungahlin Drive Expressway;
• Will additional money be appropriated for this upgrade.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• Immediate works totalling $7.5 million are being funded through the appropriation underspend from Stage 1. Approximately $4.4 million is being allocated towards additional Stage 1 improvements at the southern end of the GDE, with the remainder allocated towards detailed design works and tender documents for Stage 2.
The Government will fund the remaining works for the GDE through the 2009-10 Budget Capital Works Program.
• The completion of detailed design works and tender documents will inform any requirement for additional funding over and above provisions made in the 2008-09 Budget. Any such need for additional funding will be appropriated as necessary through future Budgets.
(Question No 2142)
Mr Mulcahy asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 5 August 2008:
Has ACT Pathology recruited any scientists or medical practitioners in the past six months; if so, for each recruitment was (a) the employment position advertised publicly before an offer of employment was made; if so, how was the position publicly advertised and for how long before an offer of employment was made, (b) the recruiting process done in accordance with all applicable public service laws, rules, procedures and policies; if not, what are the details of any deviation and (c) any offer made for the recruit to take a higher position than would normally be commensurate with the recruit’s experience and training; if so, why was such an offer made.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
During the period in question February to August 2008 ACT Pathology has recruited 10 health professionals (scientists) to permanent positions and no specialist medical practitioners.
• Prior to an offer of employment being made all positions for permanent vacancy were advertised publicly in the ACTPS Gazette, Staff Bulletin and ACT Health website. The ACT jobs website also provides a link to the ACT Health website. Positions advertised in the Gazette have one week until closure, however all positions ‘go live’ on the ACT