Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 09 Hansard (Tuesday, 19 August 2008) . . Page.. 3292 ..
Page 14, line 11—
25TA Affordable and community housing providers––voluntary removal from register
The housing commissioner must remove a registered housing provider from the register if––
• the provider asks, in writing, to be removed; and
• the housing commissioner has no ground for believing that the provider has breached a condition of registration, or is in breach of this part.
Housing Assistance Amendment Bill 2008
Amendments moved by the Minister for Housing
Proposed new section 25S (1A) and (1B)
Page 13, line 6—
(1A) If the housing commissioner proposes to intervene in the business of a registered housing provider, the commissioner must give the housing provider written notice stating—
• the reasons for the proposed intervention; and
• how the commissioner proposes to intervene; and
• the reasonable time within which the housing provider may make representations to the commissioner about the proposed intervention.
(1B) The housing commissioner must not intervene in the business of a registered housing provider unless the commissioner—
• has considered any representations made to the commissioner within the time stated in the notice given under subsection (1A); and
• is satisfied on reasonable grounds that the intervention is appropriate in the circumstances and in accordance with the intervention guidelines.
Proposed new section 25S (3)
Page 13, line 15—