Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 08 Hansard (Thursday, 7 August 2008) . . Page.. 3169 ..
• How many times have the traffic lights at the intersection of Hindmarsh and Yamba Drives failed over the last six months;
• What is the (a) time, (d) date and (c) cause of each failure;
• How many times have the police been called out to deal with the issue;
• How many police attended on each occasion;
• Has the problem with the lights now been resolved.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• During the last six months the traffic lights have only ‘failed’ once. However, there have been a total of six other occasions when the lights have been deliberately switched to flashing yellow by the police. I understand this is done to allow the police to give training in traffic control to young officers.
• The only ‘failure’ occurred at 2:12am on 15 March 2008. The lights had been tampered with by vandals and deliberately switched to flashing yellow.
Occasions when the lights were switched to flashing yellow by the police for training purposes were:
3:25pm Wed 30 Jan 2008
2:47pm Fri 08 Feb 2008
2:49pm Fri 18 Apr 2008
2:17pm Fri 09 May 2008
2:52pm Fri 06 Jun 2008
2:18pm Fri 20 Jun 2008
(Question No 2139)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 3 July 2008:
• Was Block 1, Section 142, (Note: Original question had the block and section numbers reversed) Gungahlin originally intended to be a local park; if so, when will it be completed;
• Have the plans changed for this block; if so, (a) when did the plans change and (b) what are the new plans for this block.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• Block 1 Section 142 Gungahlin is shown as urban open space on the Territory Plan. The intention for a local park remains. Under a Deed of Agreement for this Estate,