Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 08 Hansard (Thursday, 7 August 2008) . . Page.. 3158 ..
• Six older buses have been vinyl wrapped as an advertisement to promote public transport and ACTION’s new network. These buses have not been re-painted.
• Six as described in Q1. The total cost to undertake the advertising design/graphics, print and vinyl wrapping of the buses was $45,000 including GST.
(Question No 2126)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 2 July 2008 (redirected to the Minister for the Arts):
• In relation to the recent vandalism attack on the ACT Memorial on Ainslie Avenue in June 2008, what is the total cost in dollars of the damage to the memorial;
• Who has been contracted to undertake repairs to the memorial and when are repairs due to be completed;
• Has the Minister devised any strategies to deter attacks like this in future or to detect the perpetrators of such attacks;
• How many incidents like this have occurred in the previous five financial years to date on significant ACT or National memorials.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• The total cost for the repair work to ACT Memorial was $2406.25, comprising $1980.00 for the glass fabricator and $426.25 for fencing.
• Blasted Glass, the original fabricators of the glass for the ACT Veterans’ Memorial, was engaged to undertake repairs to the four glass panels that were damaged. Repairs were completed on Thursday 11 July 2008.
• Discussions are continuing with the Department of Justice and Community Safety.
• There have been no incidents like this in the previous five financial years on significant ACT memorials. The ACT is not responsible for national memorials. These come under the purview of the National Capital Authority.
ACTION bus service—Belconnen exchange
(Question No 2127)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 2 July 2008:
• Can the Minister detail when work will commence on a new Belconnen Bus Interchange;