Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 08 Hansard (Thursday, 7 August 2008) . . Page.. 3138 ..
(Question No 2098)
Mr Mulcahy asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 25 June 2008:
• How is ACT Pathology structured, for example, is it a corporation, a section of the Canberra Hospital or other type of entity;
• Will she provide the financial statements for ACT Pathology and the notes for these statements (including these statements) for the last eight financial years, including the (a) operating statement, (b) balance sheet, (c) cash flow statement, (d) statement of changes in equity, (e) statement of income and expenses on behalf of the Territory, (f) statement of assets and liabilities on behalf of the Territory and (g) budgeted statement of cash flows on behalf of the Territory;
• What was the (a) rate of return on capital for ACT Pathology and (b) breakdown of staff by job title and FTE at ACT Pathology for the last eight financial years;
• How much did ACT Pathology spend on (a) staff salaries (including superannuation and other entitlements) and (b) consulting fees for the last eight financial years;
• What was the volume of pathology work processed by ACT Pathology broken down by category for the last eight financial years;
• What appropriations were made to ACT Pathology for the last eight financial years.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• ACT Pathology is a unit managed within Canberra Hospital.
• ACT Pathology does not keep separate financial statements. Its Financial Statements are incorporated into ACT Health’s audited Financial Statements published each year in the Annual Report.
• (a) As outlined in the answer to (2) ACT Pathology does not keep separate financial statements. Accordingly the rate of return on capital for ACT Pathology is not calculated. (b) I am advised that ACT Pathology currently has the following breakdown of staff:
• 118.90 FTE health professional staff
• 33.32 FTE technology staff
• 29.95 FTE medical staff
• 26.86 FTE administrative staff
• 10.71 FTE nursing staff
• 6.06 FTE general service officer staff
ACT Health has advised that to provide this information for the previous 8 financial years would require an inordinate amount of work.
• (a) ACT Pathology spent the following on staff salaries: