Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 08 Hansard (Thursday, 7 August 2008) . . Page.. 3113 ..
Schedules of amendments
Housing Assistance Amendment Bill 2008
Amendments moved by Dr Foskey
Page 2, line 3—
omit clause 2, substitute
• This Act commences on a day fixed by the Minister by written notice.
Note 1 The naming and commencement provisions automatically commence on the notification day (see Legislation Act, s 75 (1)).
Note 2 A single day or time may be fixed, or different days or times may be fixed, for the commencement of different provisions (see Legislation Act, s 77 (1)).
• If this Act has not commenced within 12 months beginning on its notification day, it automatically commences on the first day after that period.
• The Legislation Act, section 79 (Automatic commencement of postponed law) does not apply to this Act.
Proposed new section 25K (3)
Page 9, line 1—
omit proposed new section 25K (3), substitute
• Without limiting subsection (1), the monitoring guidelines may make provision in relation to––
• for affordable housing providers––
• compliance by a provider with the objects of the provider’s constitution or rules; and
• business planning; and
• financial and risk management; and
• service quality; and
• portfolio planning; and
• procurement of properties; and
• land, housing development and property management; and
• for community housing providers––