Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 07 Hansard (Thursday, 3 July 2008) . . Page.. 2805 ..
not yet known how long the decision making process will take, this will become more apparent following the 18 month period of prisoners being received into the AMC.
• No. NSP has not been implemented in any other Australian jurisdiction.
Occupational health and safety—compliance inspection and enforcement
(Question No 2092)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Industrial Relations, upon notice, on 17 June 2008 (redirected to the Attorney-General):
In relation to the matters concerning the Office of Regulatory Services raised on 19 May 2008 during hearings of the Select Committee on Estimates 2008-2009 (a) how much has been provided in the budget for work safety compliance inspection and enforcement activities for 2008-09 and (b) what are the estimated outcome costs for these items for 2007-08.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• With the inclusion of funding for additional Inspectors, it is anticipated that total salary costs for enforcement of OHS compliance in the 2008-09 financial year will be $997,432.
• The estimated cost for the 2007-08 financial year is $584,458.
(Question No 2095)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Industrial Relations, upon notice, on 17 June 2008:
In relation to Budget Paper 4, page 38, Accountability Indicators, Review of Workers Compensation Scheme, (a) when will the review be completed, (b) will a report be produced; if so, when; if not, why not, (c) will the report be available to the public; if so, when; if not, why not, (d) what is the scope of the review, (e) what are the terms of reference, (f) who is undertaking the review, (g) what public consultation was invited, (h) how much will the review cost and (i) when will amending/new legislation be introduced to the Assembly.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• Following money being provided in the 2006-07 budget, the Government engaged an independent consultant to review the ACT’s private sector workers’ compensation scheme. A review team was engaged late in 2006 and provided a final report to Government in August 2007. Subsequent work arising from the review will be conducted throughout 2008-09.
• The review team delivered their final report to Government in August 2007.