Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 07 Hansard (Wednesday, 2 July 2008) . . Page.. 2651 ..
Schedules of amendments
Electricity Feed-In (Renewable Energy Premium) Bill 2008
Amendments moved by Mr Gentleman
Page 2, line 5—
omit clause 2, substitute
• This Act commences on a day fixed by the Minister by written notice.
Note 1 The naming and commencement provisions automatically commence on the notification day (see Legislation Act, s 75 (1)).
Note 2 A single day or time may be fixed, or different days or times may be fixed, for the commencement of different provisions (see Legislation Act, s 77 (1)).
• If this Act has not commenced before 1 July 2009, it automatically commences on that day.
• The Legislation Act, section 79 (Automatic commencement of postponed law) does not apply to this Act.
Part 2 heading
Page 4, line 1—
omit the heading, substitute
Part 2 Renewable energy—supply to electricity network
Page 4, line 3—
omit clause 6, substitute
• Feed-in from renewable energy generators to electricity network
• This section applies to—
• an electricity distributor licensed to distribute electricity through an electricity network; and
• an electricity supplier licensed to supply electricity from the network.
• It is a condition of the distributor’s licence that the distributor must, on application by the occupier of premises at which there is an NEL compliant renewable energy generator—