Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 04 Hansard (Thursday, 10 April 2008) . . Page.. 1371 ..
4 applications were approved for Priority Housing;
56 applications were approved for High Needs Housing;
54 applications are approved for Standard Housing.
The waiting times published on the Department of Disability, Housing and Community Services Internet site indicates waiting times and include applicants on the general waiting list.
• There are currently 364 maintenance requests for aged care properties recorded on Housing ACT’s database. Of which 180 should be completed within the target response time and 184 are overdue. The overdue work orders include work orders where contractors are awaiting material or parts and where contractors are unable to gain access to carry work.
• Housing & Community Services is redeveloping the Hartigan Gardens older persons complex site in Garran. A Development Application (DA) was lodged in late 2007 and the department is awaiting an overdue determination. It is anticipated that when the DA is approved tenders will be called for the construction works. Funds are allocated in the current years program to fund this redevelopment project.
(Question No 1910 )
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 4 March 2008:
• What promotional activities, publications and advertising in any media have been undertaken by the (a) department, (b) the Minister’s Office or (c) any other office or agency on behalf of the Department or Minister’s office in the 2007-08 financial year to date;
• What was the total amount spent on such activities as outlined in part (1) and was it costed to (a) the department/agency, (b) the Minister’s office, (c) another Minister’s office or (d) another agency/department;
• Can the Minister detail the promotional activities, publications and advertising undertaken by (a) the department/agency, (b) the Minister’s Office, (c) another Minister’s office or (d) another agency/department on behalf of the Minister or the department/agency;
• What were the promotional activities, publications and advertising meant to achieve, did they achieve their purposes and how was that measured;
• How much has been allocated both within the Minister’s office and the department/agency for these activities in the 2007-08 financial year to date.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
I am not prepared to authorise the use of very considerable resources that would be involved in providing the detailed information required to answer the Member’s question.