Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2008 Week 04 Hansard (Thursday, 10 April 2008) . . Page.. 1370 ..
• The $140,000 budget allocated to the former ACT Continence scheme remains in the budget for the service and will be used to re-establish the scheme.
• The scheme has been re-established. See earlier response.
Housing ACT—aged persons
(Question No 1906)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Housing, upon notice, on 14 February 2008:
• Where are ACT Housing’s accommodation for aged persons, 60 years of age and over, located in the ACT;
• How many properties, if any, does ACT housing have which are dedicated for aged persons;
• How many of ACT Housing properties are currently occupied by aged persons;
• Is there a current waiting list dedicated to aged persons accommodation in the ACT; if so, what is the waiting time at present and how many people are on it;
• How many outstanding maintenance calls are there for ACT Housing properties dedicated to aged persons or ACT Housing properties currently occupied by aged persons;
• Are there any current plans to refurbish or redevelop any ACT Housing properties dedicated to aged persons and if so where are they and when will this occur.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• Housing ACT aged persons accommodation is located in suburbs throughout the ACT.
• Housing ACT has 1217 Older Persons Units and 258 Aged Persons flats.
• There are 3409 properties currently occupied by a person 60 or more years of age.
• Housing ACT has two types of accommodation specific to aged person within the Applicant list. They are:
• Aged Persons Flats - applicants must be 45+ years to be eligible
• Older Persons Units - applicants must be of pension age (63 years for females and 65 years for males). Discretion may be granted in exceptional circumstances to house applicants from late 50’s, if the they are able to demonstrate chronic health issues causing severe hardship, relative to the other applicants on the Housing register, that cannot be alleviated by any other means.
There is no specific waiting time for aged persons accommodation.
However at 6 March 2008: