Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 13 Hansard (14 December) . . Page.. 4257..
(3) How many members of the board will receive payment for their services and of those members how much remuneration will each receive;
(4) How will the ACT Skills Commission be accountable to the ACT Government;
(5) What directions has the ACT Government given the ACT Skills Commission on its commencement on 1 November;
(6) How many paid staff will the Commission have;
(7) What is the Commission's budget for 2006-07.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The ACT Skills Commission members are:
- Professor Ian Chubb AC, Chair (ANU Vice Chancellor)
- Ms Rosemary Follett AO, Deputy Chair (Chair of the Vocational Education and Training Authority);
- Mr Derek Volker AO, Chair of the Council for Education Export;
- Dr Michele Bruniges, Chief Executive, ACT Department of Education and Training;
- Mr Chris Peters AM, Chief Executive, ACT and Region Chamber of Commerce and Industry;
- Mr John Miller, Executive Director, Canberra Business Council;
- Mr John Hindmarsh, Managing Director, Hindmarsh;
- Professor Roger Dean, Vice Chancellor, University of Canberra;
- Dr Colin Adrian, Chief Executive, Canberra Institute of Technology;
- Professor John Richards, Director, ANU School of Information Sciences and Engineering; and
- Ms Sarah Schoonwater, President, CFMEU
(2) 'Business background' is an imprecise term. All members of the Commission have senior or CEO-level experience managing complex organisations.
(3) All non-Government members will be remunerated, at a rate to be determined by the Remuneration Tribunal.
(4) The Commission will report regularly to the Government (timing to be determined by the Commission) and provide advice to the Government.
(5) The Commission will work to its Terms of Reference prepared by the Government.
(7) The Commission's budget for 2006/07 is approximately $250,000, including administration and research.