Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 11 Hansard (16 November) . . Page.. 3650..
Rhodium Asset Solutions Ltd
(Question No 1360)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 19 October 2006 (redirected to the Treasurer):
What actions will the Minister take to ensure that Rhodium continues to buy vehicles from local ACT motor vehicle dealers regardless of whether or not Rhodium is sold.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
It is common practice for Financial Management and Leasing companies to utilise the local dealer network, especially for novated leases. As long as the local dealers remain competitive, it is highly likely that their services will continue to be required if Rhodium is sold.
The Government's selection criteria will, however, request interested purchasers to indicate how they would utilise the local dealer network.
(Question No 1361)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for the Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 19 October 2006:
(1) When will (a) paving work and (b) other work at the Melba shops be completed;
(2) Will the Government allocate additional car parking spaces at the Melba shops;
(3) Will the Government address the lack of spaces near the Chinese restaurant so as to prevent an accident.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) A landscape upgrade is being undertaken for Melba Shops as part of the Parks Conservation and Lands Landscape Upgrade Program 2006/07.
A consultant is currently developing the upgrade design and appropriate materials are being evaluated. The proposed works include:
(a) Stabilisation of the loose grave surfaces in trafficable areas and improved drainage;
(b) Other works to improve safe pedestrian circulation include rectification of damaged drainage gates and removal of trip hazards; relocation of bins and bike racks.
Construction of all components of the upgrade is expected to be complete by the end of March 2007.
(3) No, the current parking arrangements are considered to be safe and adequate.