Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 11 Hansard (16 November) . . Page.. 3637..
Number and type of major assets with cost value more than $5 000 for Curtin headquarters and Fairbairn as at September 2006.
Some assets shown in the table are held against Curtin cost centres, however, they are/will be used at various locations (for example Defibrillators included in Plant and Equipment).
(6) The ESA is currently finalising internal budget allocations. While detailed budget amounts for training are not yet available, it is planned that the ESA 2006-07 training expense budget will exceed last financial years budget of $0.57m.
Commissioner for Children and Young People
(Question No 1316)
Dr Foskey asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 17 October 2006:
(1) Which Minister will the Commissioner for Children and Young People be responsible to;
(2) When will the Commissioner for Children and Young People be appointed;
(3) Will the Commissioner for Children and Young People have a role in assisting students affected by the 2020 plan.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Attorney General.
(2) It is expected the appointment will be completed by the end of the year.
(3) The role of the Commissioner for Children and Young People is to promote and protect the interests of children and young people in the ACT.
The Commissioner is an independent statutory office holder and will consider matters appropriate to the function of the Commissioner. The Government is not in a position to direct the Commissioner's role.
(Question No 1317)
Dr Foskey asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 17 October 2006 (redirected to the Minister for the Territory and Municipal Services):
(1) What was the number of staff with fire fighting training and expertise employed by Environment ACT or in other parks and conservation services of the Territory at the start of 2006;
(2) What number of similarly experienced or qualified officers will be employed in those areas when the budget cuts have taken effect;
(3) What effect will these cuts have upon the Parks Brigade's capacity to conduct operational planning and to fight fires;