Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 10 (19 October) . . Page.. 3390..
(8) This activity forms one of many tasks attributable to Rangers and is not specifically costed.
(9) Not applicable.
(10) Not applicable.
Roads—government plated vehicles
(Question No 1271)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for the Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 20 September 2006:
(1) Are drivers of ACT Government plated vehicles subject to the same traffic laws as other ACT residents; if not, why not;
(2) How many ACT Government plated vehicles were issued with (a) parking infringements and (b) speeding or other traffic infringements in (i) 2003-04, (ii) 2004-05, (iii) 2005-06 and (iv) 2006-07 to date;
(3) How many (a) accidents have occurred between ACT Government plated vehicles and other vehicles and (b) insurance claims have been lodged to cover damage to, or caused by ACT Government plated vehicles in (i) 2003-04, (ii) 2004-05, (iii) 2005-06 and (iv) 2006-07 to date.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Yes, with the exception of emergency services personnel responding to emergency situations. Drivers of ACT Government plated vehicles are also responsible for any parking or traffic infringement issued while they are in control of a the vehicle. This includes the payment of any penalties and accumulation of any demerit points that apply.
(2) The following number of ACT Government plated vehicles were issued with (a) parking and (b) speeding or other traffic infringements.
2003 - 04
2004 - 05
2005 - 06
2006 - 07YTD 25/09/06
(3) Information on the number of accidents between ACT Government plated vehicles and other vehicles is not readily available.
The following number of insurance claims have been lodged to cover damage to, or caused by ACT Government plated vehicles in (i) 2003-04 (426 claims), (ii) 2004-05 (416 claims), (iii) 2005-06 and (iv) 2006-07 to date (417 claims to 4/9/06). The insurance claims year 2005-06 includes the period 1 July 2005 to 30 September 2006. The 2005-06 year has been extended to align Rhodium Asset Solutions' records with the insurance industry claims year that runs from 1 October to 30 September.