Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 10 (19 October) . . Page.. 3386..
(6) How much have these trips cost;
(7) How many trips is the Managing Director planning to make during 2006-07 and when and where is he planning to travel;
(8) What is the projected budget for travel by the Managing Director.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
The ACTEW Board is responsible for all matters relating to the ACTEW budget. In response to the Member's question, I have been advised by the Chairman of ACTEW of the following:
(2) The Managing Director undertook 15 domestic trips to Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and one international trip to China and these trips were subject to the approval of the Chairman.
(5) The Managing Director has travelled 4 times during 2006/07 to Perth, Sydney and Melbourne and these trips were subject to the approval of the Chairman.
(7) As at 6 October, two trips are planned.
(8) ACTEW does not have a separate travel budget for the Managing Director but a budget for the total group.
Prisons and prisoners—parole
(Question No 1245)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 20 September 2006:
(1) How many parolees breached the terms of their parole during (a) 2005-06 and (b) 2006-07 to date;
(2) How many parolees faced charges as an outcome of breaching their parole and how many were imprisoned because of these breaches during (a) 2005-06 and (b) 2006-07 to date.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1) (a) During 2005-2006, 45 parolees breached the terms of their parole.
(b) During 2006-2007 to date, 22 parolees have breached the terms of their parole.
2) Parolees do not face charges as an outcome of breaching the conditions of their parole. The powers the Sentence Administration Board may exercise in relation to proven