Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 10 (19 October) . . Page.. 3370..
(Question No 1210)
Dr Foskey asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 19 September 2006:
(1) In relation to the development of section 84 and 89 in Civic, was the additional retail space permitted in the City Markets building included in the calculations of the change of use charge levied on Queensland Investment Corporation (QIC) in 2005;
(2) What powers do the ACT Government have to ensure that QIC does not use land designated for residential development as a car park for a number of years in the hope of a later change of use for more profitable development;
(3) Can the Minister provide an estimate of revenue foregone by the Territory when it sold these blocks to QIC rather than keeping them in public hands until the buildings were to be developed.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) No. The additional retail space for the City Markets building was the subject of a separate Development Application and change of use charge determination.
(2) The current Crown lease permits the land to be used for car park and constructing the works and buildings in accordance with the requirements of the Deed of Agreement between QIC and the Territory. Should QIC wish to change the use of the land they will need to obtain Development Approval to vary the Crown lease.
(3) The former Liberal Government sold the site to QIC through a competitive process.
ACTION bus service—passenger load
(Question No 1211)
Dr Foskey asked the Minister for the Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 19 September 2006:
Has the ACT Government noted the increase in passenger load for ACTION route 703 express buses; if so, will the Government be making any changes to route 703 to cope with the increased load.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Yes. ACTION has introduced interim changes to the route 703 service until the introduction of the new network under which more permanent enhancements to the service will be introduced.
ACT Academy of Sports—scholarships
(Question No 1212)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Tourism, Sport and Recreation, upon notice, on 19 September 2006: