Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 10 (19 October) . . Page.. 3365..
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
The nature of the recommendations is such that their implementation is inextricably inter-related with the normal business of running and enhancing the operation of the emergency services.
It would not be possible to identify all the specific resources and specific staff activities that are directly related to McLeod recommendations. The establishment costs for the Emergency Services Authority were provided in the Budget papers at the time.
Public service—corporate credit cards
(Question No 1202)
Mr Smyth asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 24 August 2006:
(1) How many corporate credit cards provided by the ACT Government were on issue to ACT public servants as at 30 June 2006;
(2) What criteria are applied in deciding who is entitled to an ACT Government corporate credit card;
(3) What was the total limit of credit that was available for corporate credit cards that have been issued as at 30 June 2006;
(4) What was the extent of use of the credit that was available on these corporate credit cards for the financial year 2005-06;
(5) What arrangements are in place to audit the use of corporate credit cards that have been issued by the ACT Government;
(6) Who undertakes the audit of these corporate credit cards;
(7) Have any instances of inappropriate use of corporate credit cards been identified either as a consequence of an audit process or from any other investigations of the use of corporate credit cards;
(8) Has any evaluation been undertaken of the value received by the ACT community from the use of corporate credit cards; if so, what was the outcome of this evaluation; if not, why not.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Number of credit cards on issue as at 30 June 2006 is as follows:
Number of credit cards on issue
ACT Planning and Land Authority
Canberra Institute of Technology
Chief Minister's Department, including the Department of Economic Development