Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 08 Hansard (Thursday, 24 August 2006) . . Page.. 2835 ..
(Question No 1176)
Mr Mulcahy asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 16 August 2006:
• Is the Government aware of the review currently been conducted by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) into the statistical treatment of superannuation schemes by governments;
• Is the Government aware whether the ABS Review has been completed or when it is due to be completed;
• Has the Government been in communication with the ABS in relation to this review;
• Will the ACT Government abide by any recommendations made by the ABS in its review.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• The ABS is still in the early stages of the Review. As yet there is no indication from the ABS as to when the Review will be completed.
• Yes. The ABS issued a questionnaire to jurisdictions to clarify how public sector defined benefit superannuation schemes were being treated in data supplied to the ABS for Government Finance Statistics (GFS) purposes. The ACT completed this questionnaire, and has also communicated with the ABS on the issue.
• Yes. The data presented by the Territory in accordance with the Uniform Presentation Framework Agreement will continue to comply with recommendations made by the ABS.
(Question No 1180)
Mr Pratt asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 22 August 2006:
• Will a private security firm be engaged to undertake surveillance of the ACT Memorial located on the intersection of London Circuit and Ainslie Avenue;
• Why is there a need to provide security surveillance of the ACT Memorial;
• Which security firm has been contracted to patrol the ACT Memorial, and has it been contracted by the ACT Government;
• How often will security guards patrol the ACT Memorial, when did the contract commence and when will it end;
• How much have/will these security patrols cost the ACT Government.