Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 7 Hansard (17 August) . . Page.. 2392..
(2) Will funding committed to each of the projects listed from (a) to (h) above for the 2006-07 financial year, as listed in the budget papers, still be forthcoming for each of these projects; if not, why not.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) (a) Calvary Obstetrics and Gynaecology Register, ($210k) - This initiative is implemented with registrars performing rostered hours at Calvary Hospital each month. To the end of May 2006 $193k has been expended.
(b) Calvary Maintenance of Surgery Activity, ($900k) - Additional surgical activity has been incorporated into 2005-06 targets. To the end of May 2006 $825K has been expended.
(c) Calvary Discharge Lounge, ($80k) - The Discharge Lounge at Calvary Hospital is in operation. To the end of May 2006 $73k has been expended. This has enabled the timely transfer of patients awaiting discharge from their beds to a dedicated area that provides suitable support and supervision prior to the patients being collected by relatives.
(d) TCH Discharge Lounge, ($170k) - The Discharge Lounge at the Canberra Hospital is in operation. To the end of May 2006 $156k has been expended. This has enabled the timely transfer of patients awaiting discharge from their beds to a dedicated area that provides suitable support and supervision prior to the patients being collected by relatives.
(e) Pharmaceutical Cost Growth, ($1 700k) - This initiative is allowing the hospitals to provide for the increasing cost of pharmaceuticals and increasing use of high cost drugs. To the end of May 2006 $1 560k has been expended.
(f) Medical Oncology, ($750k) - This initiative is implemented with the appointment of a Haematologist and the appointment of intake and care co-ordinators in the Capital Region Cancer Service. This has increased the capacity of the service to meet increased demand. For the period YTD April 06 inpatient activity at TCH for Medical Oncology was 12% above target and 35% for Radiation oncology. To the end of May 2006 $688k has been expended.
(2) Funds are allocated recurrently as per the budget papers.
Matters relating to the 2006-2007 budget will be tabled in the Assembly on 6 June 2006.
Arts and letters-funding
(Question No 1150)
Mr Mulcahy asked the Minister for the Arts, upon notice, on 6 June 2006:
(1) On what date were applications for the following arts funding opportunities announced: (a) projects taking place in 2007, (b) multiyear funding from 2007, (c) 2006 Artists Fellowships and (d) 2006 Poetry and Book of the Year Awards;
(2) When was the ArtsACT funding handbook for 2007 issued and, if it has not been, when will it be available;