Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 7 Hansard (17 August) . . Page.. 2391..
(4) Has an appropriate and culturally sensitive service been implemented; if so, how are you monitoring the success of this program; if not, why not, and what are you doing to ensure this does occur;
(5) How does this appropriate and culturally sensitive differ from mainstream services;
(6) Will the forecast $228,000 allocated for the 2006-07 financial year for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Dental Health Program still be spent for this purpose; if not, why not.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(2) The Dental clinic performs dental procedures, including check ups, examinations, treatment for dental caries, dental fillings, dental fissure sealing, dental prophylaxis, extractions, x-rays, root canals, a dental health poster and two Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander dental information pamphlets.
(a) 1 August 2005.
(b) Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Clients have accessed 921 occasions of service.
(4) Yes. The success of the program is monitored by review of 6 monthly reports provided by Winnunga Nimmityjah Aboriginal Health Service that contain information on baseline data to inform the assessment of the oral health status of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, youth and adults who live in the ACT.
(5) Winnunga Nimmityjah differs from mainstream services in that it is an Aboriginal community controlled primary health care service. It is an incorporated Aboriginal organisation, initiated by the Aboriginal community and governed by an Aboriginal body, which is elected by the local Aboriginal community and delivers a holistic and culturally appropriate service to the community.
(6) The Appropriation Bill 2006-2007 is presently before the ACT Legislative Assembly.
(Question No 1145)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 11 May 2006:
(1) What proportion of funds allocated to the following health projects, funded through agency growth funds and listed in the 2005-06 budget, have been expended to date and what has been delivered for that expenditure (a) Calvary Obstetrics and Gynaecology Register, (b) Calvary Maintenance of Surgery Activity, (c) Calvary Discharge Lounge, (d) TCH Discharge Lounge, (e) Pharmaceutical Cost Growth, (f) Medical Oncology, (g) Additional Hospital Beds, (h) Home and Community Care Growth;