Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 7 Hansard (17 August) . . Page.. 2389..
(2) An additional 400 elective surgery procedures have been provided for the period YTD April 2006 compared to the same period in 2004-05.
(3) The government is on target to exceed our commitment of 300 more procedures in 2005-06 than in 2004-05.
(4) Yes, the additional 400 procedures (above 2004-05 outcome) planned for 2006-07 will be delivered.
(5) Initiatives implemented to improve access to elective surgery are managed by the Access Improvement Program (AIP). Following a review of the Elective Surgery Reform Program it was decided to include elective surgery reforms into the broader AIP. Initiatives include increasing theatre capacity to improve patient flow and reduce elective surgery postponements. Elective surgery activity is monitored internally and reported on the web in the ACT Health Public Services Performance Report each quarter.
(6) Yes, 400 more people have accessed elective surgery. The AIP will achieve further improvements to patient access and care by implementing solutions that are developed by staff and consumers for elective surgery and these solutions will be regularly reviewed.
(Question No 1115)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 10 May 2006:
(1) What proportion of the $2 million allocated in the 2005-06 budget for Equipment for Hospitals has been expended to date;
(2) Will all funds for this initiative be expended by the end of the financial year; if so, when; if not, why not;
(3) What equipment has been purchased for that expenditure;
(4) What equipment still needs to be purchased;
(5) What were the products identified in the highest risk category that needed replacing;
(6) What products in the highest risk category still need to be replaced and will they be replaced by the end of the current financial year; if not, why not.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Approximately 71.5% ($1.43M) has been expended or under financial commitment. The table attached gives details.
(2) The full amount of the $2M has been committed with some payments expected early in the new financial year. The table attached provides details and indicative timeframes for expenditure.
(3) The table attached provides this information.