Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 7 Hansard (17 August) . . Page.. 2385..
Answers to questions
(Question No 433) (Revised answer)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 29 June 2005:
(1) Has a further review of the Interstate Patients Travel Assistance Scheme started to review the eligibility criteria, payment categories and levels of assistance under the scheme; if so, when did this further review begin and when will it be finalised; if not, why has it not started yet and when will the review begin;
(2) Will the results of this review be made available to (a) Members of the Assembly and (b) the public; if not, why not.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) An initial review of the Interstate Patients Travel Assistance Scheme (IPTAS) was undertaken in 2003. A further review of IPTAS has not yet commenced. The review will be undertaken during 2005-06 in the context of developing a radiation oncology services plan.
(2) A decision on how the results will be published is yet to be made.
Roads-disabled parking places
(Question No 1077)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for the Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 3 May 2006:
(1) Further to a letter to the editor in the Canberra Times on 5 April 2006 entitled "Parking Pleas", what requirements does the ACT Government place on shopping centre operators regarding the provision of (a) disabled parking places and (b) disabled parking spaces specifically for the use of wheelchair-dependant drivers;
(2) Are Westfield centres in the ACT required to adhere to these guidelines as outlined in part (1); if so, have they adhered to the guidelines; if not, why not;
(3) How many wheelchair-dependant parking spaces in addition to general parking spaces must the Westfield centres at Woden and Belconnen have installed and how many do they have installed;
(4) Is the Canberra Centre in Civic required to adhere to these guidelines as outlined in part (1); if so, have they adhered to the guidelines; if not, why not;
(5) How many wheelchair-dependant parking spaces must the Canberra Centre have installed and how many do they have installed;
(6) Are all local neighbourhood shopping centres in the ACT required to adhere to the guidelines as outlined in part (1);