Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 6 Hansard (8 June) . . Page.. 2066..
(2) Not applicable.
(3) Not applicable.
Ginninderra district high school
(Question No 1093)
Dr Foskey asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 4 May 2006:
(1) What transitional arrangements were put in place by the Department of Education and Training to facilitate the transfer of students from the Ginninderra District High School (GDHS) to other schools;
(2) What was the expenditure incurred in providing each of the transitional arrangements, including (a) liaison/curriculum planning, (b) counselling, (c) principal's planning, (d) implementation/project team, (e) library amalgamation, (f) assets redistribution, (g) records disposal, (h) property disposal and (i) staff development;
(3) What consultants were employed to advise on the closure and transition arrangements and what was the total cost of the consultancies;
(4) Were there any staff redundancies as a result of the closure of GDHS and what was the total cost of the redundancy packages;
(5) What refurbishment has been undertaken in schools receiving students from GDHS and/or its priority enrolment area in this financial year, and what is the expenditure on the refurbishment.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The principal of Ginninderra District High School met with attending and prospective students and their parents/carers to design personal transition arrangements. Curriculum, friendship group, transport and school uniform issues were considered. Other schools held information and open days to assist parents and students make a decision about the most appropriate alternative school.
(2) Expenditure included:
Covered by Department staff.
Department counselling services were utilised.
Nil. The library assets were distributed to schools.
$10,000 to remove the heating plant and associated equipment from GDHS
(for use at another site)
Nil. Records have been distributed or stored according to ACT Government guidelines.