Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 6 Hansard (8 June) . . Page.. 2065..
Ginninderra district high school
(Question No 1091)
Dr Foskey asked the Minister for the Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 4 May 2006:
(1) What road/pedestrian safety improvements have been undertaken to facilitate the transition of Ginninderra District High School (GDHS) students and/or students residing in the GDHS priority enrolment area to other schools;
(2) What is the total cost of those improvements listed in part (1);
(3) What is the number of additional bus services put on to facilitate the travel of existing GDHS students and/or students residing in the GDHS priority enrolment area to other schools;
(4) What is the projected annual cost of each of these services and the proportion of these costs estimated to be recovered from fares;
(5) What is the total cost recovery rate on student bus travel services in the ACT.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(4) (a) There has been a net saving of approximately $16,000.
(5) The total cost recovery rate on dedicated school student bus services is 22.8%.
(Question No 1092)
Dr Foskey asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 4 May 2006:
(1) What is the average cost to the ACT Government of an empty desk in an ACT Government school;
(2) How is that average cost determined;
(3) How is community-use taken into account in arriving at that figure.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The ACT Government does not calculate a cost for empty desks in ACT Government schools.