Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 6 Hansard (8 June) . . Page.. 2063..
(Question No 1087)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Disability and Community Services, upon notice, on 3 May 2006:
Further to the response to question on notice No 1034, if Disability ACT does not calculate occupancy rates of individual Disability Group Homes, what further benefits are there to reducing the occupancy level in some group homes, in addition to ensuring a more person centred and tailored service.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
Disability ACT determines the occupancy of Disability group houses based on the needs of individuals within each house. The decisions around occupancy levels in each house are assessed against the benefits to the individuals residing in the house including compatibility and the level and type of support required. All accommodation decisions are undertaken in consultation with the families and guardians.
Housing-tenant participation programs
(Question No 1088)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Housing, upon notice, on 3 May 2006:
(1) Given that the Joint Champions Group has prioritised the implementation of agreed recommendations arising from the Raising Our Voice report, when will the endorsed Tenant Participation Program commence;
(2) What order of priority has been given to the recommendations, both agreed or agreed in principle, arising from the Raising Our Voice report.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The agreed Tenant Participation Program is operational.
(2) The Joint Champions Group has prioritised Regional Tenants Forums which are scheduled for late May 2006, training for tenants and Housing ACT staff, and tenant involvement in Housing ACT policy development.
(Question No 1089)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 3 May 2006:
(1) How many development applications for (a) single residential development, (b) non single residential development and (c) commercial projects were received each year from 1995 to 2005 inclusive, not including those which were subject to call in powers being exercised;