Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 6 Hansard (8 June) . . Page.. 2057..
(2) The unit operated for 81/2 hours on Sunday 16 April 2006.
(3) The suburb of Ainslie, including Duffy St, has been serviced four times this financial year as part of the routine sweeping programme in addition to the specific request addressed on 16 April.
(4) The same road broom also operated on Monday 17 April 2006;
(a) at Exhibition Park, and at Parkes Place;
(b) for 4 hours in total;
(c) To cover the Folk Festival and Canberra Balloon Festival.
Roads-verge parking permits
(Question No 1081)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for the Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 3 May 2006:
(1) Further to article in Motor Traders Association (MTA) ACT Members Journal March 2006 entitled "Minister Hargreaves denies verge parking justice for licensed dealers in ACT", is he able to say why the MTA believes that a fee Urban Services is charging for verge parking permits in Fyshwick has become a revenue focus;
(2) What is the fee that the Government charges operators in Fyshwick that need a verge parking permit;
(3) Why is a fee charged for a verge parking permit and how was the amount in part (2) arrived at;
(4) How many businesses in Fyshwick have verge parking permits;
(5) How much revenue was collected for the 2004-05 financial year;
(6) How much revenue has been collected to date for 2005-06 and what is the estimated total revenue that the Government will receive from verge parking permits in Fyshwick;
(7) Are verge parking permits needed in other areas of the ACT; if so, (a) where are they needed and (b) how much does it cost for a permit; if not, why not;
(8) If the cost identified in part (7) differs from the cost for a permit in Fyshwick as identified in part (3), by how much does it differ and why does it differ;
(9) How many fines and infringement notices have been issued to non permit holders in (a) 2004-05 and (b) 2005-06 to date.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(2) The fee for using a verge to display vehicles is $28.90/square metre/annum.