Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 6 Hansard (8 June) . . Page.. 2052..
(5) Has any funding been expended to date; if so, how much;
(6) How many (a) cameras are to be installed in total and (b) buses will these cameras be installed into;
(7) Are all ACTION buses with existing security cameras installed operating on an analogue system;
(8) Will all ACTION buses that have the existing analogue system be upgraded to new digital security cameras; if not, why not;
(9) If ACTION buses operating on the existing analogue system are not to be upgraded, will the analogue and digital systems interact or operate separately; if so, what will be the cost of continuing to operate the existing analogue system;
(10) How will the new digital system record information, where will it be stored and how long can it be stored for;
(11) Will the cameras record all bus operations in their entirety; if not, why not and what operations will they record;
(12) How will recordings be accessed and who will have access to the recordings.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Proposed for September 2006.
(2) No. It will occur following the evaluation of the tenders and final contract negotiations.
(3) Approximately twelve months from commencement.
(4) See 2005/06 Budget Papers.
(6) (a) Up to 6 cameras per bus, depending on final specification.
(b) 343 buses.
(9) See answer (8).
(10) Images will be recorded and stored on digital media as MPEG for up to 30 days.
(12) By removable HDD. Nominated ACTION managers and the Australian Federal Police.