Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 6 Hansard (8 June) . . Page.. 2051..
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) I am unable to answer the member's question because there is insufficient detail to enable a formal response to be formulated.
(2) See answer (1).
(3) Canberra Parks and Places manages the urban edge bordering this location. This area is regularly mowed, receiving up to 8 mows per annum, depending on grass growth. Grass in that area was cut late in October/early in November 2005. Along the urban edge mowing is undertaken to a width of 10 metres, in accordance with the Strategic Bushfire Management Plan. The mown area is patchy in places due to the high amount of rock. Work to further strengthen the mown edge is to be included in next year's Bushfire Operational Plan. Canberra Parks and Places also mows the perimeter of the area alongside the Monaro Highway and Isabella Drive.
Environment ACT slashes the area along the horse trail that runs north from Louisa Lawson Crescent to the sub-station. The horse paddocks at Gilmore are managed under a contract administered by Environment ACT. They were grazed at the time and the contractor slashed the area during the Summer months, including to the north west and south of the sub-station. In addition, the contractor undertook slashing between Gilmore Horse Paddocks and Rose Cottage; which is north of the sub-station.
(4) See answer to (3).
(6) Hazard reduction activities are designed to reduce the intensity and spread of fires, as well as reduce threat to property by fires. Hazard reduction activities will not prevent fires occurring unless vegetation is completely removed.
ACTION bus service-security cameras
(Question No 1075)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for the Territory and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 3 May 2006:
(1) Further to the response to question on notice No 863, when is the project to install security cameras in the 309 ACTION buses that do not currently have cameras installed expected to commence;
(2) Has a tender been let for the project; if so, to whom has the tender been let and what is the value of the tender; if not, when will this occur;
(3) When is the project expected to be completed;
(4) How much Government funding has been allocated to this project;