Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 5 Hansard (11 May) . . Page.. 1695..
Answers to questions
(Question No 966)
Mr Mulcahy asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 7 March 2006:
(1) What site has been identified for the provision of childcare in Yarralumla;
(2) What is the proposed timeframe for consultation in relation to the site and anticipated sale arrangements for the site;
(3) What are the estimated needs for the provision of childcare places in the greater Woden area for each of the next five years commencing with the 2007 calendar year;
(4) Are further releases of sites for childcare facilities being contemplated in this area in the next five years commencing with the 2007 calendar year;
(5) What is the anticipated shortfall between childcare places available and demand for such in each of the next five years from the 2007 calendar year;
(6) Will the ACT Government consider extending the current lease beyond the current planned expiration of the lease to the Teddybear Childcare Centre;
(7) Will the terms of that lease be varied in relation to rental payments.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Block 2 Section 77 Yarralumla.
(2) The Yarralumla site is on the 2006 Land Sales Program and is due for release in August 2006. Site investigation reports, lease and development conditions, prescribed conditions and consultation are required prior to release. Consultation is expected to occur in June 2006.
(3) Advice from the Minister for Disability and Community Services (with responsibility for children's services) is that the ACT Government does not hold information about the level of demand for childcare places in the greater Woden area.
(4) Refer to answer (3) above.
(5) Refer to answer (3) above.
(6) The Minister for Urban Services has advised that he is willing to consider options for the continuity of the lease to the Teddybear Childcare Centre on Block 2 Section 99 Curtin, if the need arises in the future.