Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 4 Hansard (4 May) . . Page.. 1277..
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
The following information has been obtained from the Dangerous Substances Premises Register from ACT WorkCover.
There are 17 Eureka Operation/Coles Express sites in the following suburbs:
Fyshwick (Wiluna Street)
Fyshwick (Corner Wollongong & Newcastle Streets)
Canberra Gateway (Federal Highway)
Belconnen Town Centre
There are six Woolworths Limited sites and one Caltex Woolworths in the following suburbs:
(2) The Planning and Land Authority has advised that no new sites have been applied for by either Woolworths or Coles Myer.
(3) In 2002, a site was also released by the former Gungahlin Development Authority in Gungahlin for a service station. The lessee has subsequently approached the Government for a direct sale of the adjoining site which has been agreed to by Government.
(4) In 2005, the Land Development Agency released a site through a competitive process in Amaroo for the purposes of a service station.
The site in Gungahlin is currently the subject of a development application. Whilst the owner of the site is not Coles Myer or Woolworths, I understand that petrol provider will be Shell. There has also been a Development Application approved for a Woolworths petrol station in Wanniassa.
(Question No 968)
Mr Mulcahy asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 7 March 2006:
(1) Can the Minister confirm that damage occurred to the irrigation system at the playing fields at Mawson as a result of recent installations of communication facilities by either Telstra or interests associated with Telstra;
(2) What was the extent and nature of that damage;
(3) What is the estimated cost of remedial works as a result of any such damage;
(4) Who will be responsible for the remedial works required as a result of any such damage;