Next page . . . . Previous page . . . . Speeches . . . . Contents . . . . Sittings . . . . Search

Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 3 Hansard (30 March) . . Page.. 984..


(Question No 949)

Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 16 February 2006:

(1) How much money is currently being held in trust within the ACT Planning and Land Authority for residential driveways that could be claimed by residents for the driveway they have laid and paid for on Government land;

(2) How many claims for reimbursement were made in (a) 2001-02, (b) 2002-03, (c) 2003-04, (d) 2004-05 and (e) 2005-06 to date;

(3) What was the total amount of those claims in the years listed in part (2);

(4) What information is made available to residents to inform them that they may be able to be reimbursed for part of the total cost of laying a driveway in the ACT;

(5) What, if anything, is the Government doing to ensure that residents whose blocks have money held against them for a driveway, on the Government land component, can make a claim on those funds.

Mr Corbell

: The answer to the member's question is as follows:

(1) Currently there is $87,190 held within the ACT Planning and Land Authority for residential driveways that were constructed on Government land by lessees. This represents about one hundred driveways.

(2) The number of claims for reimbursement for driveways are as follows:

(a) 4 in 2001-02

(b) 5 in 2002-03

(c) 2 in 2003-04

(d) 1 in 2004-05

(e) 4 in 2005-06 (to date)

(3) The total reimbursement for driveways for 2001-06 (to date) is $12,940.

(4) Developers are required to provide lessees with copies of Lease and Development Conditions that indicate whether the lessee or the developer is responsible for the construction of paved driveways on Government land. Lease and Development Conditions are also accessible on the ACT Planning and Land Authority's web page.

(5) Where developers have bought out their responsibilities for completing the developments, the Authority will continue to assess claims made by residents and provide reimbursements for driveways where applicable.

Workplace injuries

(Question No 950)

Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Industrial Relations, upon notice, on 16 February 2006:

Next page . . . . Previous page. . . . Speeches . . . . Contents . . . . Sittings . . . . Search