Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 3 Hansard (30 March) . . Page.. 945..
(4) The oval is expected to be ready for play and other use in Autumn 2007.
Sport and Recreation ACT
(Question No 894)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Sport and Recreation, upon notice, on 15 February 2006:
(1) In relation to the Functional Review of Government agencies, have any plans been made for Sport and Recreation ACT; if so, where is it envisaged it will be located in the Government structure;
(2) Does it involve a move to another department; if so, why;
(3) What effect will the Functional Review have on the ACT Academy of Sport;
(4) Will it lead to any cuts in funding to the Academy of Sport; if so, why;
(5) Is it envisaged that the number of athlete services and the number of athletes will be cut;
(6) Is it expected that there will be any cuts to scholarships offered to athletes.
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1)-(6) The Strategic and Functional Review of the ACT Public Sector and Services, commissioned by the Chief Minister, is currently underway and is not due to provide its report to the Government until April 2006. The Government will formally respond to the review as part of the 2006-07 Budget process in June 2006.
(Question No 895)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Sport and Recreation, upon notice, on 15 February 2006 (redirected to the Minister for Urban Services):
(1) With respect to Sports House, is it correct that the rent has been increased effective from 2006 but backdated from 30 June 2005; if so, what was/is the rent for (a) 2001, (b) 2002, (c) 2003, (d) 2004, (e) 2005 and (f) 2006;
(2) Was ACTSport threatened with eviction in 2005.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) No it is not correct. ACTSport was offered a new three year sublease with effect from 1 July 2005 with rent commencing at $65m2 per annum. ACTSport has so far not signed the sublease and has continued to pay the previous rental rate of $40m2. If ACTSport accepts and executes the sublease, it will be deemed to have commenced on 1 July 2005 and ACTSport will owe the Territory the difference in the rental rates for the period up until the sublease execution.