Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 02 Hansard (Thursday, 9 March 2006) . . Page.. 640 ..
• Some recipients have progressed their career path within ACT Health.
• Undergraduate scholarships offered in Radiation Therapy and Podiatry have resulted in a significantly decreased vacancy rate.
• In summary, the evidence is that the allied health scholarship scheme is contributing to the retention and recruitment of allied health staff to ACT Health as an employer of choice, within a national and international climate of workforce shortages.
• Scholarships are offered according to criteria being met, including area of need, rather than a set number. The allied health scholarship program is allocated $100,000 per financial year.
Business—fair trade products
(Question No 907)
Dr Foskey asked the Speaker, upon notice, on 15 February 2006:
What steps have been taken to comply with the Green’s motion, as passed by the Assembly on 24 August 2005, directing the Assembly to purchase fair trade tea and coffee and other fair trade products, where relevant.
Mr Speaker: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
When current stocks of tea and coffee are exhausted, the Assembly Secretariat will be purchasing, where appropriate, fair trade tea for use (in conjunction with other choices) for visiting delegations, Education Office functions and Committee Office functions. Where appropriate, fair trade coffee will be used for smaller functions.
Environment and conservation—arboretum
(Question No 908)
Dr Foskey asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 15 February 2006:
Has an Environmental Impact Statement for the proposed arboretum been prepared; if not, is one planned and when is it expected to be completed.
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
An Environmental Impact Statement for the proposed arboretum has not been prepared. The site is on designated land under the National Capital Authority (NCA). We have fulfilled all planning requirements as requested by NCA including heritage surveys and water studies.
Murrumbidgee catchment action plan
(Question No 909)
Dr Foskey asked the Minister for the Environment, upon notice, on 15 February 2006:
• How has the ACT Government participated in the preparation of the Murrumbidgee