Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 2 Hansard (9 March) . . Page.. 633..
The Governor General's wife, Her Excellency Mrs Marlena Jeffery on 3 June 2005, officially opened Ronald McDonald Parent Accommodation at The Canberra Hospital (TCH). This date was chosen as it was convenient for Mrs Jeffery and fitted with her timetable. The accommodation was opened to parents on 25 August 2005 following commissioning of the refurbished Paediatric Ward and the development of operational protocols and standards to ensure the proper use of the facility as agreed with Ronald McDonald Charities. Parents commenced using the facility on 26 August 2005.
(Question No 862)
Mr Prattasked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 14 February 2006:
(1) How many SMS bus bookings has ACTION received, per month, since the inception of the Bustext program in March 2005;
(2) When does the funding allocation for this trial end;
(3) Is this service a success;
(4) What is the breakdown of SMS bookings received in terms of (a) suburbs, (b) routes and (c) time of the day bookings are made for;
(5) When was the SMS Bustext questionnaire launched;
(6) How many questionnaires have been returned to ACTION since the SMS Bustext questionnaire was launched;
(7) What percentage of questionnaire respondents agree that the Bustext program should remain in operation;
(8) Is it possible that the only people responding to the questionnaire are those who currently use the Bustext service; if so, will the Minister take this into consideration when deciding whether to allocate ongoing funding to the Bustext service;
(9) For how much longer will ACTION keep the questionnaire open to the public;
(10) When will the Minister make a decision on ongoing funding for the Bustext service;
(11) Is it likely that this service will continue.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The SMS bus text is an information service to customers, not a booking system.
(2) There is no cost to ACTION apart from some advertising material and time which has been absorbed into current funding.