Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 2 Hansard (9 March) . . Page.. 618..
(5) Was the Government aware of allegations raised by Townsville Councillors about the nature of Ms Phillips employment at Townsville Council in 2004;
(6) Was Ms Phillips' experience at Townsville Council a significant factor in assessing her suitability for the position;
(7) Was the Government aware of Ms Phillips' publicly declared intention, via a letter published in the Townsville Bulletin on 28 February 2005, "to come home in Townsville to present myself in that role [as a politician] come the next election, after this stint in Canberra".
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The position of ACT Community Advocate was advertised in the Canberra Times and The Australian on the 12 March 2005.
(2) A total of 15 applicants were received. 7 applicants were selected for an interview, including Ms Phillips.
(4) To the knowledge of the selection committee Ms Phillips was not invited to apply for the position.
(5) The selection committee was not aware of allegations raised by Townsville Councillors about the nature of Ms Phillips employment at Townsville Council in 2004.
(6) Whilst Ms Phillips' experience at Townsville Council was relevant to the position, it was not considered a significant factor in assessing her suitability for the position.
(7) The selection committee was not aware of Ms Phillips' comments, which were made prior to her appointment as Community Advocate.
Emergency Services Authority-contracts
(Question No 826)
Mr Prattasked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 14 December 2005:
(1) What requirements does the Emergency Services Authority (ESA) have regarding the posting of contract information on the Buyers and Sellers Information Service (BASIS);
(2) Is it compulsory that all contracts let valued at over $50 000 be posted on the BASIS website;
(3) Are contracts let below this value posted to the basis website; if so have all contracts let since the inception of the ESA over this value been posted to the BASIS service; if not, why not;
(4) How many contracts in total have been let by the ESA for (a) 2003-04, (b) 2004-05 and (c) 2005-06 to date;