Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 2 Hansard (9 March) . .
Answers to questions
(Question No 743)
Mr Prattasked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 15 November 2005:
(1) Why, in the 2004-05 June quarter Capital Works Progress Report, is the new works project of "Neighbourhood Improvements"shown as cancelled;
(2) Has this project been cancelled; if so, why;
(3) What neighbourhood improvements, and in which suburbs, have not occurred as a result of this project being cancelled.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The 2004-05 "Neighbourhood Improvements"was cancelled and the $112,000 expenditure was transferred to the 2003-04 "Neighbourhood Improvements"project.
Project construction associated with both programs was delayed due to the extensive nature of community consultation, prioritisation and design of the various minor works.
Commitment of funds for these works were only able to be realised late in the 2004-05 financial year. In response to the low expenditure achieved, ACT Treasury withdrew the uncommitted project funds, which went back to consolidated revenue and were available for other Whole of Government priorities;
(2) Yes. Refer to (1).
(3) All works that were deferred as a result of the cancellation of the 2004-05 "Neighbourhood Improvements"program will be considered for inclusion in future Neighbourhood Improvements programs, with $0.5 million available each year for the next five years. The various deferred projects include local area traffic management, community paths and street lighting within the suburbs of Downer, Watson and Hackett.
Ms Anita Phillips
(Question No 787)
Mr Smythasked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 22 November 2005:
(1) In relation to the appointment of Anita Phillips as Community Advocate, when was the position advertised and in what media;
(2) How many (a) applications were received and (b) applicants were interviewed;
(3) Was an employment consultant (headhunter) used in the recruitment process;
(4) Was Ms Phillips invited to apply for the position;