Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 1 Hansard (16 February) . . Page.. 321..
Pierces Creek settlement-redevelopment
(Question No 841)
Mrs Burke asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 15 December 2005 (redirected to the Acting Chief Minister):
(1) Has a development application been made with the ACT Planning and Land Authority to commence redevelopment at the Pierces Creek settlement; if so when; if not, why not;
(2) Given there are no impediments to the re-building of the public housing properties lost at Pierces Creek in the 2003 bushfires, when will re-building commence.
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) At the time of answering this question no development application has been made to the ACT Planning and Land Authority.
The Government is currently considering the very complex issues of social, environmental and financial policy in this matter. When this consideration is completed information will be provided about the way forward.
(2) See (1) above
Belconnen to Civic busway
(Question No 842)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 15 December 2005:
(1) In regards to the Belconnen to Civic Busway, what, if any, other options is the Government looking at for sustainable transport from Belconnen to Civic;
(2) When will the necessary environmental assessments of the proposed three routes for the busway be completed;
(3) Is the Government also considering, or has it previously considered, a bus lane on Barry Drive, rather than spending millions on a dedicated busway; if not, why not; if so, when will details on this research be available;
(4) Is any environmental assessment of a bus lane on Barry Drive being undertaken or has it been previously undertaken; if not, why not; if so, when will details on this research be available;
(5) Is the Government looking at alternate options to get people onto bus services from Belconnen to Civic rather than spending millions on a Busway; if not, why not; if so, when will details on this research be available;
(6) Is the Government preparing details of how successful a Busway will be in reducing (a) private vehicle use from Belconnen to Civic and (b) greenhouse gas emissions; if not, why not; if so, when will details on this research be available.