Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 1 Hansard (16 February) . . Page.. 300..
(b) This project has been delayed due to a number of issues that have arisen with the proposed sale of land, adjacent to the proposed Cohen Street extension. These issues include changes to existing land use classification and finalising land sale boundaries.
(c) The initial allocation of cash flows for the implementation of the Sustainable Transport Plan was made in 2004, prior to detailed project planning. When that project planning was completed the cash flows were revised to reflect the implementation time schedule. Revised cash flow forecasts are provided to Treasury at set time intervals. All projects are meeting their current project plan milestones.
Belconnen to Civic busway
(Question No 813)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 14 December 2005:
(1) What is the current total expenditure for planning associated with the Belconnen to Civic busway;
(2) What has been delivered for each amount of expenditure associated with this project;
(3) What is the remaining budget specifically for planning and design work for the Belconnen to Civic busway and when does the Minister plan to exhaust that expenditure;
(4) What planning and design work (a) will occur in regards to this project in the current financial year and (b) is scheduled in regards to this project in the 2006-07 financial year;
(5) Has the cost-benefit analysis of the Belconnen to Civic busway been completed; if so, what were the results of that analysis and when will the analysis be released publicly; if not, when will this analysis be completed and when will the results of the analysis be released publicly;
(6) Will the cost-benefit analysis include figures regarding projected patronage of a Belconnen to Civic busway; if not, why not;
(7) When does the Government expect to make an announcement as to whether this project will go ahead.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) From July 2004 to November 2005, $1.8m has been expended on a number of projects associated with the Belconnen to City busway.
(2) The projects, some of which apply to bus services broader than the specific busway projects, over this period include:
(a) the development of Bus Station Design Guidelines for use not only on the dedicated busway, but also for all future major bus stops within Town centres.
(b) the identification of route options for the section of the busway between Aikman Drive and the ANU.