Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 1 Hansard (16 February) . . Page.. 298..
(Question No 810)
Mr Mulcahy asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 13 December 2005:
(1) What specific measures has the Government taken to reduce fire hazards in the ACT this summer;
(2) What measures did the Government plan to have completed by the end of (a) November and (b) December;
(3) To what extent were the fire prevention targets achieved;
(4) When did the Government plan to have cleared the fire hazard, due to long dry grass, in the Ainslie Nature Reserve;
(5) When can residents adjacent to the Ainslie Nature Reserve expect to see the fire hazard in the Reserve removed.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) As required by the Strategic Bushfire Management Plan, a program of slashing, physical removal, grazing and hazard reduction burning is underway.
(2) As reported in the Canberra Times 6 January 2006, the ACT Government has undertaken extensive slashing along the urban interface as well as physical removal of bushfire fuels, grazing and prescribed burning.
(3) The program is progressing as planned with additional fuel reduction undertaken in response to current conditions.
(4) Fuel reduction, by way of slashing, of the area adjacent to property boundaries behind the suburb of Ainslie was undertaken in December 2005.
(5) The fire hazard has been reduced through the slashing works and the area will continue to be monitored and attended to as required.
(Question No 811)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 14 December 2005:
(1) What are the reasons for the failure of ACT Planning and Land Authority (ACTPLA) to spend a single cent on new capital works projects in the first quarter of the 2005-06 financial year;
(2) What is the current total expenditure for new capital works in ACTPLA, if any, and what has been delivered for the expenditure;
(3) Are all projects listed as new works in the capital works program for ACTPLA in 2005-06 running according to schedule and will they be completed by the completion dates listed in the September quarter report; if not, why not;