Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 1 Hansard (16 February) . . Page.. 293..
(3) The Karralika Consultative Committee (KCC) is not currently undertaking work for the Government with regards to the Karralika redevelopment. The group ceased work on the project in late June 2005 when they submitted their final reports to the Government outlining the preferred options for the redevelopment.
Canberra Medical School
(Question No 799)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 23 November 2005:
(1) What is the current status of the Canberra Medical School project;
(2) What was delivered for the $2.44 million in capital expenditure as at the end of the 2004-05 financial year for this project as part of The Canberra Hospital's works in progress;
(3) What was delivered for the $67 000 in capital expenditure as at the end of the 2004-05 financial year for this project as part of Calvary Hospital's works in progress;
(4) Given the completion dates for The Canberra Hospital and Calvary Hospital components of funding for this project is scheduled for January and February, respectively, next year, is this project running according to schedule; if not, why not and what is the new expected completion date.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Medical School Project is under construction and is 75% complete.
(2) Work status as of the end of June 2005 included all design work leading up to establishment of ground and basement level foundations and floor slabs, structural perimeter columns and external drainage.
(3) The $67,000 expended for ANUMS at the Calvary site included payment for the ACTIA insurance premium, application fees to ACTPLA, installation costs for IT connections to the ANU site, and design development fees post final sketch plans.
(4) The ANU Medical School at TCH is now scheduled for completion by the end of March 2006. The eight-week delay in completion is largely due to difficulties in procuring services during this tight construction market. The ANU Medical School at CHC is scheduled for completion March 2006. This minor delay is caused by demand in the tight construction market.
Housing ACT-property valuations contract
(Question No 800)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice, on 23 November 2005: