Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2006 Week 1 Hansard (16 February) . . Page.. 287..
(Question No 785)
Mr Mulcahy asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 17 November 2005:
(1) In relation to the proposed changes to The Canberra Hospital and their compliance with land development processes, what was the original purpose intended for the block of ACT Housing units situated at Gaunt Place, Garran;
(2) Has a variation to that intended purpose been announced or gazetted;
(3) What is the current planning status of the properties in Gaunt Place and do they remain part of ACT Housing or are they used solely by The Canberra Hospital staff;
(3) If the property has been assigned to The Canberra Hospital staff, why was the change not made according to ACT planning policies and processes.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The initial purpose under the Territory Plan was residential. The lease provision included "to be used by the Lessee for any purpose pursuant to the Territory Plan".
(2) A Development Application for the lease variation to include 'health facility' was approved in 1996. The Development Application was publicly notified at the time.
(3) Currently the site is being used by The Canberra Hospital and is managed by The Canberra Hospital.
(4) The current 99-year lease over this block is for any purpose pursuant to the Territory Plan including health facility. The land use policy is residential and health facility is one of the permissible uses in this land use policy.
Housing ACT-property marketing services
(Question No 790)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice, on 22 November 2005:
(1) Further to the response to question on notice No 730, when will the public tendering process commence for the provision of property marketing services to Housing ACT;
(2) Is it the intention of the tender process to continue to maintain a number of different contracts with suppliers in the interests of competition and the maintaining of best value services provided to Housing ACT.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The public tendering process will commence in March 2006.