Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 15 Hansard (Thursday, 15 December 2005) . . Page.. 5005 ..
findings in the audit that would prevent work from starting in December as anticipated in annual reports and (b) what are the findings that will prevent the commencement of works; if not, when will he receive the audit and make the findings public.
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) It is currently expected that the final draft of the building audit and condition report for the National Convention Centre will be completed on 15 December 2005. The report could be made publicly available in due course, with the consent of the parties.
In relation to (a) and (b), I cannot comment on the findings of the report until it is completed. Further, there is no statement in the Department’s Annual Report indicating when the works are likely to commence.
Capital Works(Question No 777)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 16 November 2005:
Why, as shown in the 2004-05 June quarter capital works progress report, have the funds for the Moore Street Health Building Rep. Of Roof Membrane project, been frozen.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) After receiving the funding to undertake this work the Department of Urban Services identified the need for other extensive work. In addition, further consultation with the ACT Health Department identified an opportunity to improve the interior layout of Level 5 to enable building occupancy to be increased. The changes to Level 5 would result in the roofline being modified, thereby making the original roof membrane replacement project obsolete. As a result, the funds for the project were frozen.
Rhodium Asset Solutions(Question No 778)
Mr Mulcahy asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 16 November 2005:
• Is the $1.5 million that the ACT Government is contributing to Rhodium Asset Solutions in 2005-06 a loan or a grant;
• If these funds are a (a) loan, what are the conditions that govern the repayment of this loan and (b) grant, how is this consistent with the statement from the Chairman of the Board emphasising the commercial nature of Rhodium’s operations;
• If the $1.5 million is a grant, does this indicate that this public sector entity is receiving more favourable treatment than an equivalent entity operating in the private sector;
• In answering a question asked in the public hearing on this entity on 26 October 2005, did the Managing Director of Rhodium say that the purpose of the $1.5 million was to initialise a new enterprise architecture solution in order to sustain the business going forward; if so, what does this statement mean;