Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 15 Hansard (Thursday, 15 December 2005) . . Page.. 4979 ..
• As the project was only physically completed in late November 2005 financial completion is yet to be resolved. The end of project financial estimates indicate that the remaining $221,000 is to be fully expended.
Development—Burnie Court site(Question No 739)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice, on 15 November 2005:
• Given that it has been reported that a sewerage problem was in the process of being rectified in the vicinity of the Freycinet building at the old Burnie Court site in Lyons as at 9 November 2005, and that in a letter to me dated 7 October 2005 the Minister advised that his Department had investigated the site and had not located a sewerage leak or problem, when was the sewerage problem that was in the process of being rectified on 9 November 2005 (a) identified and (b) repaired;
• Has this problem caused any problems for residents or prevented or delayed new residents from moving into the complex; if so, (a) what was the nature of the problem, (b) how long were residents inconvenienced by this problem and (c) when will/have they been able to reside fully in this complex without this sewerage problem;
• What was the cost of repairs for this sewerage problem;
• Has the problem been fully rectified or is there likely to be ongoing problems with sewerage in this area.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• The sewer services have been passed by the BEPCON plumbing inspectors. No problem has been identified on inspection.
• See (1) above.
• See (1) above.
Roads—glass panels(Question No 740)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 15 November 2005:
• Further to a letter to the editor in The Canberra Times on 20 October 2005 entitled “Blinded by the light”, have glass panels been installed at various points along Fairbairn Avenue; if so, why;
• Why were these glass panels installed when they blind motorists due to the reflection that is directed back towards the road at certain times throughout the day;