Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 15 Hansard (Thursday, 15 December 2005) . . Page.. 4978 ..
• Approximately $180,000 has been expended directly on the Arboretum and Gardens) in 2005-06, bringing the total to $680,000 on the project.
• In the 2005-06 financial year the following work is proposed: finalisation of the design master plan and the business plan; relevant planning approvals sought from the National Capital Authority (NCA); construction manager appointed; and early tree plantings achieved for a number of the proposed forest areas.
• The project will be developed in a programmed and integrated manner, consistent with relevant procurement and construction procedures, in time for the planned spring 2008 official opening.
Schools—apprehended violence orders(Question No 737)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Education and Training, upon notice, on 15 November 2005:
On how many occasions in (a) 2001, (b) 2002, (c) 2003, (d) 2004 and (e) 2005 to date, have school principals taken out an Apprehended Violence Order against a student due to that student threatening another student or teacher.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The department is not aware of any instances where this has occurred.
Capital works(Question No 738)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 15 November 2005:
• What is the current status of the ACT NoWaste project Hume Resource Recovery Estate Development listed in the 2004-05 June quarter capital works progress report;
• Has this project been completed, given the completion date is listed as October 2005; if so, when was it completed; if not, when will it be completed and what is the reason for the delay in completion;
• Did this project run under or over budget or was the outstanding authorisation of $221 000 expended in full.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• The project has been completed.
• The Hume Resource Recovery Estate 2004-2005 capital works project was physically completed in late November 2005. The projects practical completion was delayed by one month due to wet weather