Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 13 Hansard (Thursday, 17 November 2005) . . Page.. 4337 ..
Schedules of amendments
Emergencies Amendment Bill 2005
Amendments moved by Mr Pratt
Section 75 (1) (b)
Page 4, line 24—
• inviting interested people to give written comments about the draft plan to the authority at a stated address during a stated period ending at least 28 days after the end of the period mentioned in paragraph (a).
Sections 78 and 79
Page 5, line 26—
subsections 78 (2), (3) and (4)
• The person must give the authority a draft bushfire operational plan for the area in accordance with the strategic bushfire management plan by no later than 1 June of the year required for submission or review.
• The authority is required to-
• approve the draft bushfire operational plan for the area; or
• approve the draft plan for the area with stated amendments; or
• decide not to approve the draft plan.
• The authority is required to approve or reject in writing a draft bushfire operational plan with or without amendments within 90 working days of its submission to the authority.
Proposed new Clause 12A
Page 6, line 12—
12A Fire Fuel Reduction
(2) The Authority may, at any time in accordance with the strategic bushfire management plan and the Environment Protection Act 1997, direct the land manager of unleased Territory land and/or owners of land within a bushfire abatement zone to allow the relevant authorities to light a controlled fire and take other appropriate clearing actions for the purpose of reducing the risk of bushfire or the spread of bushfire.