Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 12 Hansard (Thursday, 20 October 2005) . . Page.. 4030 ..
Bushfires—mitigation program(Question No 600)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 20 September 2005:
• In relation to the Australian Government’s Bushfire Mitigation Program released on 17 June 2005, has the ACT Rural Fire Service or any other ACT Emergency Service departments applied for federal funding to conduct bushfire mitigation works, such as the maintenance of fire trails or other fire prevention strategies; if not, why not;
• If funding has been applied for through the Bushfire Mitigation Program, (a) what are the projects that have been planned, (b) where are they located and (c) what is the estimated total cost;
• Are there any bushfire mitigation projects planned by the ACT Government during this budget year that are not applying for federal bushfire mitigation funding; if so, what are these projects and why is funding not being applied for.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• 2004/05 funding allocations under the Commonwealth Bushfire Mitigation Program (BMP) are available on the website of the Commonwealth Department of Transport and Regional Services (www.dotars.gov.au), and include a full list of individual works with their location, type and cost. In summary, there were 15 activities on land managed by ACT Forests of which $163, 427 federal funding was provided; 4 activities on land managed by Environment ACT of which $76,161 federal funding was provided and one activity on rural lease of which federal funding of $412 was provided.
• Bushfire mitigation projects are currently being assembled to fully utilise the ACT apportionment of the funds available under the BMP for 2005/06. Applications for this funding close on 30 September 2005.
Water—gauging stations(Question No 601)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for the Environment, upon notice, on 20 September 2005:
• What are the locations of gauging stations identified in Think Water Act Water water resources management plan;
• Have any gauging stations been (a) been moved, re-identified or in any way changed and (b) added since the publication of the 1999 water resources management plan; if so, what are the details;
• Are there gauging stations for the Corin, Bendora and Lower Cotter sub-catchments;