Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 12 Hansard (Thursday, 20 October 2005) . . Page.. 4018 ..
• Was there new funding allocated to “Traffic management at schools” in the 2005-06 budget; if so, how much and what, if any, of that budget has been expended;
• Is there a list or schedule of improvements for the current financial year; if so, where are the sites that improvements will be made.
Mr Hargreaves: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• Traffic management devices such as line marking and signs were installed around various schools, including Taylor Primary, St Clare of Assisi Primary, Sacred Heart Primary, Gordon Primary, St Thomas Aquinas Primary, the Church of England Girls Grammar, Hawker College, Belconnen High, Holy Trinity Primary and Calwell Primary;
• $3,000 was expended in the April-June quarter for the design and documentation of Torrens Primary parking improvements. The 2004-05 expenditure was $53,000;
(3) $97,000 was rolled into 2005-06;
• Refer to (3);
• $94,000 was expended in July 2005 for the review and installation of traffic management devices at various schools including Torrens Primary, Telopea Park, Miles Franklin Primary, St Francis Xavier College, Higgins Primary, Marist College and Hughes Primary;
• $200,000 has been allocated in 2005-06 with $68,000 expenditure achieved to-date; and
• The list includes Melrose High, Marist College, Tharwa Primary, Hall Primary, Monash Primary and Chapman Primary. Only the first three of these schools are likely to be improved in 2005-06 based on preliminary design and construction cost estimates.
Roads—safety improvements(Question No 574)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice, on 26 August 2005:
• Where and what was delivered for the $123 000 of capital expenditure on “Road safety improvements” as at the end of the March 2004-05 quarter;
• Was there any further expenditure on this project in the final quarter of 2004-05; if so, where and what was delivered for that expenditure and what was the total amount of expenditure as at the end of 2004-05;
• What was the total amount rolled over for this project into the 2005-06 financial year;
• If there is no rolled over amount, why not;
• Where and what projects are planned as part of this rolled-over amount in 2005-06;
• Was there new funding allocated to “Road safety improvements” in the 2005-06 budget; if so, how much and what, if any, of that budget, has been expended;