Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2005 Week 11 Hansard (Thursday, 22 September 2005) . . Page.. 3681 ..
Transport—capital expenditure(Question No 543)
Mr Seselja asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice, on 25 August 2005:
• What was delivered for the $169 000 of capital expenditure, as at the end of the 2004-05 March Quarter, on the forward design of the Sustainable Transport Initiative, Stage 1;
• Was there any further expenditure on this project in the final quarter of 2004-05; if so, how much and what was delivered for that expenditure; if not, why not;
• What is the current (a) total expenditure and (b) status of this project;
• What is the completion date for this project;
• Is the project running according to schedule to meet that completion date and will it be met on budget.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
• The following items have been delivered as at end March 2005:
• bus station design guidelines
• governance model and committee terms of reference for project oversight
• initial route options work for early discussions with stakeholders
• proposed route announced in January 2005
• completion of route options for busway through City West area and initial option identification for bus operation in the City Centre
• capitalised salary for dedicated project staff
• tenders called for route identification and Preliminary assessment of Belconnen-City Busway
• tenders called for specialist Busway program management assistance.
• Expenditure for the June quarter was $1.18m.
Total expenditure for the year was forecast at $1.5m of which $1.47m was spent as at the end of June 2005. During this quarter the following was delivered:
• a one-off annual transfer of $0.5m made to Department of Urban Services for completion of bicycle path construction in 2004-05 as part of the 10 year cycle master plan;
• contract awarded for the Belconnen – City route identification and Preliminary Assessment work;
• contract awarded to McCormick Rankin and Cagney, an international transportation and Busway specialist organisation, for work to be undertaken in 2005 – 2007.
• Completion of preliminary sketch plans for bus priority measures in Belconnen Town Centre.
• Preparation of tender documentation for a number of tenders to be called in Quarters 1-2 2005-06, including:
• City Transport feasibility study supporting the Canberra Central work.